Coauthor of Macrowikinomics and Wikinomics; author of Grown Up Digital.
Host of ReCivilization on CBC Radio.
All over the world, in every sector of the economy, from enterprise to government, old models of success are breaking down. The old top-down approaches are giving way to a new bottom-up approach: newspapers, media, crisis relief, energy, science, education, government, and health care are all being transformed around the web by a new generation of interconnected individuals who want to shape the world they live in. This isn't just a tweak to the old model: it's a wholesale reboot.
Don Tapscott is the leading authority on this shift. He's the co-author of the international bestseller Wikinomics and its even more ambitious successor, Macrowikinomics, as well as the generation-defining Grown Up Digital. Don's newest book is a TED eBook titled Radical Openness: Four Unexpected Principles for Success. It is based on his talk from†TED Global 2012. He's an entrepreneur, an internationally sought consultant, and an adjunct professor of Management at the University of Toronto's Joseph L. Rotman School of Management. On top of that, he's currently heading up four multi-million dollar research programs.
— Mark Parker, CEO of Nike, on Macrowikinomics
Don's insights range from big-picture understandings of technology, business, and society to practical applications of new developments in IT. If you want to know how to convert the latest technology into real profits, Don's your man. If you're ready to re-imagine your business in the context of the new connected marketplace, he's right there with you. And if you want to understand the principles that any company or institution needs to adopt to make it in this brave new world, there's really no one better.
Don delivers these insights in an enthralling, brilliant and inspiring style that often has audiences saying he's the most effective speaker they have ever had. We're glad such a timely message has such a charismatic spokesperson. Don's ready to share his wisdom with you whenever you're ready — to enter the world of tomorrow.
After 15 books, Donís next book is not a book — itís an app.† In collaboration with Thinkers50 and the Rotman School of Management, Don created the Don Tapscott app — New Solutions for a Connected Planet, an interactive tool that explores his thinking on how we can rebuild many of societyís broken institutions.
Listen to Donís five part series, ReCivilization, on CBC Radio. The show will examine some of the biggest challenges facing our world. The first episode, which airs Jan 22 at 11am looks at traditional media and the new wave of citizen journalism.
- CEO, The Tapscott Group
- 11th Chancellor of Trent University
- Inaugural Fellow, Martin Prosperity Institute at the Rotman School of Management
- Vice Chair of Spencer Trask Collaborative Innovations
- The Thinkers50 2011 and 2009
- Adjunct Professor of Management at the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Founder and Former Chief Executive, New Paradigm
- Fellow, the World Economic Forum
- Frequent writer for The Huffington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Business 2.0, The Financial Times, USA Today, The Guardian and BusinessWeek
- Interviewed and quoted widely in the broadcast media including CNN, CNBC, NBC, CBS, NPR, Fox News and the BBC
- Over 400 keynotes and presentations over the past five years
- Benefactor, along with his wife Ana Lopes, Tapscott Chair in Schizophrenia Studies, University of Toronto
Follow Don on .